How to create a formula with calculations of custom fields values in OpenLab CDS

Hi 

am developing an intelligent report for quantification in OpenLAB CDS 2.4 and I want to include an acceptance criteria in my results table. The acceptance criteria will pass if the compound amount is within +/- 10% of a reference value.

I was able to do so when only one analyte is quantified (typing the reference value in  the sample amount section) using the following expression:

=Iif(Compound_Amount<=(Sample_Amount-(Sample_Amount*0.1)), Compound_Amount>=(Sample_Amount+(Sample_Amount*0.1)),"Pass"

However, I haven't been able to create a formula for when several analytes are quantified. I've created a compound custom parameter "Expected amount" to be able to give reference values to each of the quantifiable analytes and I have been able to use the expression to calculate accuracy but I need help creating the formula for the acceptance criteria.

=Iif(Compound_Amount<=(CFE((Compound_CustomFields),"ExpectAmt")-(0.1*CFE((Compound_CustomFields),"ExpectAmt"))), Compound_Amount>=(CFE((Compound_CustomFields),"ExpectAmt")+(0.1*CFE((Compound_CustomFields),"ExpectAmt"))),"Pass")

Thank you for your time

• Hi

Thank you for your response.

I tried to use the expression you suggested but I am still getting an error when trying to use it with the custom parameter. Can you advise what to do next?

=IIf(Compound_Amount<=(CFE((Compound_CustomFields),"ExpectAmt")-(CFE((Compound_CustomFields),"ExpectAmt")*0.1)) OR Compound_Amount>=(CFE((Compound_CustomFields),"ExpectAmt")+(CFE((Compound_CustomFields),"ExpectAmt")*0.1)),"Fail","Pass")

Thank you!

• No, I have use it to calculate a nominal value and it works fine!

=First(0.05*CFE(Compound_CustomFields,"ExpectAmt"))

• I still get the same the same error using any of the expressions.

It seems that it doesn't work when the "IIf" function is used or when doing other calculations where the arithmetic symbol is used after the custom parameter like the one below:

=CFE((Compound_CustomFields),"ExpectAmt")-0.5 

However,  when using the following it works:
    =0.5-CFE((Compound_CustomFields),"ExpectAmt") 
  • Yes, the type is Numeric although I do not have a default value set up as it changes for each of the compounds detected.

Regarding the expression, it does not work including the Val() function

=IIf(Compound_Amount<=Val(CFE((Compound_CustomFields),"ExpectAmt"))-Val((CFE((Compound_CustomFields),"ExpectAmt"))*0.1),"FAIL",IIf(Compound_Amount>=Val((CFE((Compound_CustomFields),"ExpectAmt"))+(Val(CFE((Compound_CustomFields),"ExpectAmt"))*0.1)),"FAIL", "PASS"))

This is an error that appeared in the Expression editor when I used your second option:

=IIf(Compound_Amount<=Code.Code.CFE.CFE\.Code.CFE.CFE\(\(Compound_CustomFields\),"ExpectAmt"\,"String","String")-(Code.Code.CFE.CFE\.Code.CFE.CFE\(\(Compound_CustomFields\),"ExpectAmt"\,"String","String")*0.1),"FAIL",IIf(Compound_Amount>=(Code.Code.CFE.CFE\.Code.CFE.CFE\(\(Compound_CustomFields\),"ExpectAmt"\,"String","String")+(Code.Code.CFE.CFE\.Code.CFE.CFE\(\(Compound_CustomFields\),"ExpectAmt"\,"String","String")*0.1)),"FAIL","PASS"))

• Hello,

I have added tags to this post to increase visibility.

If you want the expression to output "Pass" if 0.9*Sample_Amount<Compound_Amount<1.1*Sample_Amount and output "Fail" otherwise, then you will want an expression like below:

=IIf(Compound_Amount<=(Sample_Amount-(Sample_Amount*0.1)) OR Compound_Amount>=(Sample_Amount+(Sample_Amount*0.1)),"Fail","Pass")

A similar expression can be used with your custom parameter. 

• Does any expression using the custom parameter throw an error? 

Was this helpful?