How to fix error code E9303 on Cary 300 with Labsphere DRA-CA-3300 integrating sphere accessory?

I would like to use a Cary 300 spectrophotometer to take transmission and reflectance measurements of cuvette samples. I have found a Labsphere DRA-CA-3300 diffuse reflectance integrating sphere accessory in our lab, but there is no manual or any kind of documentation. I can't find any information about this accessory online anywhere.

When installing this accessory and plugging it in then turning on the Cary 300, I get the following errors when opening the Scan application:

Error E9303: unable to initialize the instrument

Fault reported by the instrument while calibrating, peak transmission too small

Error E9328: fatal initialization

Fault reported by the instrument software while calibrating

Is anyone able to help with these errors?

Parents
  • Hello cgibson:

Before installing the accessory, it's critical to make sure the instrument is in working order.

Power down the instrument and remove the accessory.  Power up, turn on the lamps, and leave it on for an hour.  Run the Instrument Performance Tests located in the Validate application. .  If they pass then the instrument is ready to run.  Failure should be addressed without the accessory installed.

The Help menu includes the manual for the DRA-CA-301.  It is listed under accessories, Solid Samples. instructions for installation and operation are provided there.

Best regards,

Mike

• Hello cgibson:

Before installing the accessory, it's critical to make sure the instrument is in working order.

Power down the instrument and remove the accessory.  Power up, turn on the lamps, and leave it on for an hour.  Run the Instrument Performance Tests located in the Validate application. .  If they pass then the instrument is ready to run.  Failure should be addressed without the accessory installed.

The Help menu includes the manual for the DRA-CA-301.  It is listed under accessories, Solid Samples. instructions for installation and operation are provided there.

Best regards,

Mike

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?