Error Message While Using MassHunter Workstation Qualitative Analysis B.03.01

I recently installed MassHunter Workstation B.03.01 SP2 on my PC to look over some old data that was obtained on a 6540 LC Q-TOF MS system. The instrument hasn't been used for a while now, and my lab no longer has the original computer. We just had this software package, which I am told is what was used for the instrument. After installation, I get the following error message when I open the Qualitative Analysis program. It continues to pop up anytime I try to perform an action with the software, preventing me from doing any analysis. My computer is running Windows 7 Pro (x64). Any ideas on how to fix this? I have tried restarting the program, uninstalling and reinstalling the software, and restarting the computer. Many thanks!

Error Message:

Date and Time: 4/9/2024  10:28 AMProgram: Agilent MassHunter Workstation Software Qualitative Analysis B.03.01

Build Configuration: Release

Message: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {4CBCEED8-D9F8-4440-A127-4E840D0573DF} failed due to the following error: 800700c1.

Stack Trace:   

at Agilent.MassSpectrometry.DataAnalysis.Qualitative.CBaseArcherFileDialog..ctor(String HelpNamespace, String HelpIdString)

at Agilent.MassSpectrometry.DataAnalysis.Qualitative.QualForm.AnalysisOpenMenuItem_Click(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)

at Agilent.MassSpectrometry.DataAnalysis.Qualitative.QualForm.UltraToolbarsManager1_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)

Parents
  • Hello  ,

I'm afraid B.03.x software is long out of support. I'm fairly certain that Windows 7 support was only added at LC/MS MassHunter B.04.x, so I suspect your errors are due to OS incompatible or some other related issue.

Any version of Qual should be able to open the raw data files from previous versions of acquisition. If you are trying to load saved results however, those would require the the B.03.x revision.  

• Hello  ,

I'm afraid B.03.x software is long out of support. I'm fairly certain that Windows 7 support was only added at LC/MS MassHunter B.04.x, so I suspect your errors are due to OS incompatible or some other related issue.

Any version of Qual should be able to open the raw data files from previous versions of acquisition. If you are trying to load saved results however, those would require the the B.03.x revision.  

Children
Was this helpful?