Masshunter specs

I'm having trouble telling if a computer is capable of running mass hunter or not. Can someone help me out? The goal is to get it on a laptop such that work can be done when traveling...

Laptop in question:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8350U CPU @ 1.70GHz   1.90 GHz

16gb ram

Thank you!

• Hello  ,

What instrument type is this for? LC/MS, GC/MS, ICP-MS, etc.? And what revision of MassHunter are you trying to run?

• Hi Howard,

This is for a GC/MS. We have a standalone machine that is dedicated purely to the GC/MS unit itself. That has everything loaded on it and is only for runs and data extraction. We are looking to purchase additional licenses of the data analysis software since our GC is a shared unit and we don't want people using the computer for analysis when someone else wants to set up runs.

So I guess my original question wasn't completely clear. This is only for MassHunter qualitative and quantitative. We acquired the GC a few months back so we would be running the most recent revisions of the data analysis software.

Please let me know if you need any additional details, and thank you for taking the time to help!

• Hello  ,

I apologize for the delayed response.

The current shipping PCs for GC/MS single quads currently have 

• Intel® i5-12500 3.0 GHz, 6 cores Processor
    • 16GB RAM total
    • 1x 512GB SSD

The processor you are asking about has a Max Turbo Frequence of 3.60 GHz. Agilent can't guarantee that MassHunter will run on a non-bundled PC, but based on your specs I would say it should run ok on your laptop, as long as you can run in performance mode. Unplugged and in economy mode it will probably still run but may be slow. 

Was this helpful?