masshunter 12.1 tune problems

We recently switched to MH 12.1 for our 6495C. This version of acquisition does not have tune context. Instead the autotune is in the TQ tab of the method. 

When I request tune control, it does not change the TQ parameters. It only changes the temps after I start an autotune or check tune, which means that it is wasting tuning mix while the temperatures switch and then it starts tuning when the temp is 5 degrees from the set point and the tuning starts while the temperatures are still changing.

I tried starting a tune check and then cancelling it. It continues going to the tune parameters for a little while, but then it times out and goes to the method parameters in a fairly short period of time.

I expect it to go to the tune parameters as soon as I request tune control.

Next: When the checktune fails, it does not tell me why or give a report or anything. The Tune status gives a date/time code and says Checktune failed, but does not generate a report or give an error code. The windows notifications have something, but I cannot expand them, save them, or request more info. It is really hard to even capture what it says to relay here!

Finally: I have it selected to Tune masses < 100 m/z (Neg, Unit), but the tune report does not seem to be tuning for m/z 42. It doesn't give abundance versus m/z peaks, and it is not included in the wide scan (bar plot). The mass accuracy says to adjust, but it doesn't adjust it. It also is not included in the dynamic ramp tables.

Further, it seems as though it does not always turn the calibrant on or off when it should.

Was this helpful?