Need Help With Report Builder

Greetings Agilent Community!

Once again I am here to humbly request your assistance. I am very new to using Report Builder (v. 10.2.1) and am perplexed by how this software exists without any manual that teaches users how to, well, use it. I've browsed several posts on the Community forum already, attempting to recreate something, but I have not progressed very far. Replacing the Agilent logo with my own? I can do that. Everything else? I need serious help. The familiarization guide seems to indicate that my Quant software comes with report template files that are ready to go. I have found no such files. Quant was installed on my PC only a couple months ago.

How do I get the Report Builder syntax to work? Where can I find a list of available variables? How do I bind data? How to I actually create a report from a batch? How can I create a report with concentrations, area counts, calibration curves, target peaks, etc. for each compound? I'll stop here, but you can see my point. Obviously, it's no sweat if you've been doing this for years, but what does one do if they're starting from scratch?

Your assistance, guidance, and insight is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Parents
  • Hello  ,

By default, the shipping Report Builder templates are installed in the folder - 

D:\MassHunter\Report Templates\Quant\PDF-ReportBuilder\Quant

If they are not present on your system you can go to the Windows control panel Programs and Features, select Quant, and then choose Change and select the PDF ReportBuilder Templates option if it is not enabled.

If it is already selected and the files are not present, you can Repair quant to reload the templates. 

The latest familiarization guide can be found in this section of the LC/MS forums.

(+) Data Analysis and Library Management User Documentation - Wiki - LC/MS - Agilent Community

Agilent MassHunter Workstation Software Report Builder Familiarization Guide

This has a good introduction to both building a template from scratch and modifying existing templates. It is easiest to start with an existing template that is close to what you want and then modify from there. 

The Quant Dataset manual contains the information on the relational database used by quant and the fields that can be accessed for reporting. It can be found on the quant installation media in the folder \Additional\Schema. It should also be installed as part of quant help and can be found here -

C:\Program Files\Agilent\MassHunter\Workstation\Quant\help\en-us\Classic\mergedProjects\Quant\QuantitationDataSet-en.pdf

The Quant familiarization guide has a section on generating reports.

Quantitative Analysis Quant My-Way Familiarization Guide

Once you are able to load the shipping templates and work with those it should be much easier to start making progress with custom reporting. 

• Hello  ,

By default, the shipping Report Builder templates are installed in the folder - 

D:\MassHunter\Report Templates\Quant\PDF-ReportBuilder\Quant

If they are not present on your system you can go to the Windows control panel Programs and Features, select Quant, and then choose Change and select the PDF ReportBuilder Templates option if it is not enabled.

If it is already selected and the files are not present, you can Repair quant to reload the templates. 

The latest familiarization guide can be found in this section of the LC/MS forums.

(+) Data Analysis and Library Management User Documentation - Wiki - LC/MS - Agilent Community

Agilent MassHunter Workstation Software Report Builder Familiarization Guide

This has a good introduction to both building a template from scratch and modifying existing templates. It is easiest to start with an existing template that is close to what you want and then modify from there. 

The Quant Dataset manual contains the information on the relational database used by quant and the fields that can be accessed for reporting. It can be found on the quant installation media in the folder \Additional\Schema. It should also be installed as part of quant help and can be found here -

C:\Program Files\Agilent\MassHunter\Workstation\Quant\help\en-us\Classic\mergedProjects\Quant\QuantitationDataSet-en.pdf

The Quant familiarization guide has a section on generating reports.

Quantitative Analysis Quant My-Way Familiarization Guide

Once you are able to load the shipping templates and work with those it should be much easier to start making progress with custom reporting. 

Children
Was this helpful?