STEPS to Build an Excel Custom Report for QUAL Analysis using an existing default template ?

Hi, I would like to built an Excel (not PDF) custom report for Qual analysis using an existing template. what are the steps? I opened a default report with report builder. i was able to edit the column table to fit my need. i saved this template as an XML file. is the next step is using the excel XML mapping tool to build the excel template? or am i missing something here (we have MassHunter10).

thanks

Parents
  • Hello  ,

Excel report templates will need to be edited in Excel. You will need to start with one of the existing Excel templates and modify it to meet your needs. Excel is also the best source of information for editing the Qual templates. If you go to the MASSHUNTER REPORTING tab and choose Help it will open a help file with information on modifying qual Excel report templates. 

• Howard, maybe you will have a quick answer. in our current template the unidentified peaks do not appear into the excel report table (unless we rename them in MH). do you happen to know where the issue could be? there is an Agilent report template that shows the unidentified peaks along with the identified peaks so it would fit our needs but we have to change the columns and make some design changes.  I am trying to optimize the time of editing

• Hello  ,

I apologize for the delayed response. This behavior may depend on the template chosen and the workflow used. The templates I'm familiar with in qual all show compounds and user spectra whether they are identified or not. You could try checking in the Advanced Properties for a given table to see if there is some filtering being done there. Otherwise, templates do have certain core features that cannot be changed, so you may have to start from another template if the one you are currently working with cannot be modified to meet your needs. 

• Hello  ,

I apologize for the delayed response. This behavior may depend on the template chosen and the workflow used. The templates I'm familiar with in qual all show compounds and user spectra whether they are identified or not. You could try checking in the Advanced Properties for a given table to see if there is some filtering being done there. Otherwise, templates do have certain core features that cannot be changed, so you may have to start from another template if the one you are currently working with cannot be modified to meet your needs. 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?