Convert scan quant method to SIM or SIM/scan, MassHunter Quantitative Analysis 10.2

I have a scan quant method that I would like to convert to a SIM or SIM/scan method. I am collecting data with a 5977B MSD. My goal is to create a SIM/scan method to lower my detection limits while maintain the ability to acquire and search spectra.  

Parents
  • Hello  ,

There is an action script you can try that will attempt to convert a scan quant method to a SIM acquisition method. It is located on the Quant installation media in the folder

\Additional\Specials\GC-MSD SIM Acquisition Method from Quant 

This is covered in the supplemental video 

GC-MSD SIM Acquisition method from Quant (Advanced)

This video may not launch correctly in current browsers, but you can run open it directly from 

D:/MassHunter/Videos/Quant/GC-MSD SIM Acquisition method from Quant - Starter.mp4

Copy the script file to your D:\MassHunter\Scripts\Quant folder. While in the quant method editor for your scan method run it from the Tools->Actions->Custom Action menu item and select the acquisition scan method you wish to convert. This script is provided as-is, so you should verify any method that it creates. Note that it will overwrite your scan method, so you should run this on a copy of your method or make certain you have a backup of your scan method.

• Thank you for the response. From what I understand, you described a procedure to create an instrument method from a quantitation method.

I have already created a SIM/Scan instrument method from my scan instrument method. I was putting too much thought into the process, and I can see now that all I need to do is change the compounds from scan to sim under compound type in the quantitative method. Please correct me if I am mistaken and add any tips if you can.

• Hello  ,

If your SIM ions are the same as your EIC ions then that should work. You could also make a new method from acquired SIM data, but that would require reentering your concentrations. 

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?