MH Quant v10.0 Method globals Non Reference window doesn´t work

Hi All,

Summary of our findings about MassHunter QuantitativeAnalysis (MH QA):

MH QA Version 8 integrates only peaks within Non reference window even in manual integration mode - we have some difficulties with that. The solution was to have wider Non Reference Window which caused lower performance of our lab. There was also not possible to use narrower Non Reference Window when there were in peak ananlytes and TPH like like "analytes" in a method.

MH QA Version 9 integrates only peak within Non reference window but it peaks can be manually integrated outside the non reference window. It was what we need. We missed for example keyword shortcuts in a batch at a glance for manual integration events and other minor things.

MH QA Version 10 integrates peaks outside the non reference window even automatically which we think is weird. We tried changing Correlation Window according MassHunter Help file (in rare cases it can integrate wrong peak because it calculates average retention time of quantifiers and all qualifiers) but i doesn't help.

There is, in my opinion, a bug in this behaviour.

Does anybody has the same troubles? Do you have any solution?

Pros of MH QA v10:
We found that this version introduced feature called Non Reference Window Override. This feature seems to be the best thing that we missed in previous versions of MH QA with respect to combination of peak analytes and TPH like analytes in a method (we need at least two different Non Referernce Window values: narrow for peaks and the other wider for TPH).

Best regards,

Parents
  • I apologize for the extremely delayed response. I was going through old posts and found that this one had never been replied to. 

I don't have access to the details about what you saw in Quant 10.0 but it does have a known defect in this area.  Regardless of what units you specify, percentage or minutes, Quant 10.0 will use minutes.  So if you were specifying a windows as say 5% of peak RT it would use 5 minutes.  This would make virtually any peak be integrated.  The defect was fixed in Quant 10.1 .  If this does not explain what you saw please respond with a specific example and I can look into it.

• Hi Tom,

we were told to upgrade to version 10.1 and it solved this issue. However, we found different strange behavior of manual integration. General integrator sometimes fail to integrate peak while manually integrating. What I still don't understand is why integrator tries to correct my manual integration? Why it is called manual then?

We have sent a video with the issue to the Agilent by our 3rd party contact. I am attaching the video here anyway.

I sincerely want to thank you for your response and i must say that this forum is really worth it :-)

Best regards,

• Hi Tom,

we were told to upgrade to version 10.1 and it solved this issue. However, we found different strange behavior of manual integration. General integrator sometimes fail to integrate peak while manually integrating. What I still don't understand is why integrator tries to correct my manual integration? Why it is called manual then?

We have sent a video with the issue to the Agilent by our 3rd party contact. I am attaching the video here anyway.

I sincerely want to thank you for your response and i must say that this forum is really worth it :-)

Best regards,

Children
Was this helpful?