After a complete shut down, I restarted my computer and now can not open or launch Mass Hunter acquisition application. Error "Instrument unable to connect to IP address". I am new user of 6460 and have issues with the software. Any suggestions?

After a complete shut down, I restarted my computer and now can not open or launch Mass Hunter acquisition application. Error "Instrument unable to connect to IP address". I am new user of 6460 and have issues with the software. Any suggestions?

Parents
  • Hello  ,

For this type of error first verify that both the LC and the MS restarted successfully. For the LC all modules need to be powered on and each module status light should be either off or yellow. During the power up of the MS you may have heard a valve movement at power on and then a few minutes later another valve movement. It is the second valve movement that is critical, as that will indicate the instrument completed its initialization successfully. After this the MS status light may flash yellow or red. This is normal and indicates it has not communicated with the software yet. 

If acquisition still cannot connect, try shutting the PC down rather than just doing a restart. Wait for a few seconds after it powers down and then start it again. If you still cannot connect have your IT verify that the LAN card connected to the MS has a static IP address set to 192.168.254.1, or any valid address in this range other than 192.168.254.11 and 192.168.254.12, which are the LC and MS respectively. Also have them verify that the firewall is turned off on the instrument adapter so that communication to the instrument is not being blocked. 

If this does not resolve your issue, then it may be best to contact your local Agilent Support Center for further assistance.

• Hello  ,

For this type of error first verify that both the LC and the MS restarted successfully. For the LC all modules need to be powered on and each module status light should be either off or yellow. During the power up of the MS you may have heard a valve movement at power on and then a few minutes later another valve movement. It is the second valve movement that is critical, as that will indicate the instrument completed its initialization successfully. After this the MS status light may flash yellow or red. This is normal and indicates it has not communicated with the software yet. 

If acquisition still cannot connect, try shutting the PC down rather than just doing a restart. Wait for a few seconds after it powers down and then start it again. If you still cannot connect have your IT verify that the LAN card connected to the MS has a static IP address set to 192.168.254.1, or any valid address in this range other than 192.168.254.11 and 192.168.254.12, which are the LC and MS respectively. Also have them verify that the firewall is turned off on the instrument adapter so that communication to the instrument is not being blocked. 

If this does not resolve your issue, then it may be best to contact your local Agilent Support Center for further assistance.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?