Outlier-BlankConc.template bindings

In Quant 10.2, I'm trying to print the Outlier-BlankConc.template but the output is mostly blank minus some localized text and headers. I checked the bindings and they point to a sample type "blank" but the only option I have is "method blank."

Looking at old documentation there are blanks and double blanks, do the bindings need to be updated to use this report in Quant 10.2?

Parents
  • Hello  ,

This report still works in Quant 10.2. The Method Blank term is used in the Environmental version of quant and is treated the same as a Blank in this report. 

To see any results on this report you must have set a limit for the Blank Concentration outlier in your method and you must have a target that exceeds that limit in one of your blanks. If both of those conditions are met, a report will be generated with results. If not, then you will receive a blank report. The report will look like this if you have outliers.

If you would like to have the report show there are no results rather than just being empty, you can utilize some of the techniques from the following post to accomplish this.

(+) Add statistics (mean, stdev) for a column in MassHunter Report Builder - Mass Spectrometry Software User Forum - Mass Spectrometry Software - Agilent Community

I have attached an example of a solution to this issue. It is not very elegant, but in limited testing it appears to work and produce the following if there are no outliers present.

First, I initialize a blank cell with the following expression.

NoOutliers="No Outliers Present"

Then in the table where the samples are listed, if there are any, I make the sample name cell set NoOutliers to "" and then print the sample name. This will potentially be done multiple times, but unless you have hundreds of outliers in one report it shouldn't slow things down too much.

Finally, there is a cell that I have print out NoOutliers, and it will either be blank or contain the initialized text.

EDIT-Updated attachment name to clarify template modifications.

Outlier-BlankConc_empty_warn_allexcept_ISTD.template.xml

• Thanks for the well-written and thoughtful response, I really appreciate it. After some tinkering I learned that the outlier for blank was not activating because the compound is set to a matrix spike.

Changing the compound from matrix spike to target activates the outlier but I lose the matrix spike deviation limits.

Any chance you can think of a work around? Just speculating but perhaps an if loop that compares the calculated concentration to the max blank outlier concentration....

• Thanks for the well-written and thoughtful response, I really appreciate it. After some tinkering I learned that the outlier for blank was not activating because the compound is set to a matrix spike.

Changing the compound from matrix spike to target activates the outlier but I lose the matrix spike deviation limits.

Any chance you can think of a work around? Just speculating but perhaps an if loop that compares the calculated concentration to the max blank outlier concentration....

Children

In investigating your question, I could not duplicate what you were observing regarding types other than Targets being excluded from the report. As it turns out, I accidentally started with a template that had already been modified to include all Types except for ISTDs.

To help eliminate future confusion, I have renamed the modified report template and re-attached to the previous post.

I have attached the original modified report template (which in my defense I did not name or create Relaxed ) to this post. It will print a blank report if no compounds exceed the Maximum Blank Concentration outlier, and it will include all compound Types except ISTD. The report has two binding modifications to accomplish this. 

First, the Compound binding has an added filter to see if MaximumBlankConcentration is not NULL.

And then in the Peak binding, instead of checking to see if the outlier flag is set to High, it checks to see if the FinalConcentration is greater than the outlier limit.

EDIT - To duplicate the behavior of the Blank Concentration outlier this should be comparing to CalculatedConcentration. You can change this as desired to meet your method/workflow requirements. 

This does not change what gets flagged in the batch table, but it will allow the reporting of Matrix Spike Types in the report.

Outlier-BlankConc_allexcept_ISTD.template.xml

Was this helpful?