Report builder, internal standard graphic with specific compounds

Hi everyone,

I've created a report from one of the shipping templates. The one thing I can't get my head around is the link to internal standard graphics.

I have setup a list of compounds where data and graphics are displayed, I've added a chromatogram graphic for the internal standard. This works fine untill I untick "All compounds" during report generation, at that point the internal standard graphic is left blank.

These reports are to be generated from larger screening batches where all compounds are not to be printed. My only work-around is to make a seperate batch with only the compound of interest or decoupling the internal standard which allows me to select it in the "Choose compounds.." list.

Any advice to why the link works when "All compounds" is ticked but not when a compound is specified?

Parents
  • Hello  ,

There is currently only one shipping template that will allow for specific compound selection and include the ISTDs for those compounds. It is not a Report Builder template but a PDF-Reporting template. To customize this type of template you would need to utilize the SDK and Python code. But you can see if it would meet your needs as-is. The template is D:\MassHunter\Report Templates\Quant\PDF-Reporting\DrugAnalysis.report.xml

The issue in general has to do with how the current Report Builder templates and the other Python based PDF reporting templates handle selected compounds.

There are some possible ways to include ISTDs with their target compounds in a Report Builder template. The best solution will depend on your workflows and exactly how you would like the ISTD data presented.

If you want each ISTD printed only once then one easy solution is to utilize Compound Groups, or one of the User Defined quant fields. Assign the compounds you want in a report to a Compound Group. Then create a different template for each group, with the only difference being the group you are including. The binding for each compound list would then include a filter for the group.

One advantage to this method is that you don’t have to select compounds for each reporting run, and by specifying multiple templates in a report method you can generate individual reports for each compound group all at once. Though it does require editing and maintaining multiple copies of the same template.

If you’d like to have the ISTD printed with each target, even if it is shared with multiple targets, then you could create an additional binding for each compound list that has the ISTD for each selected compound.

Then you create a duplicate set of entries in your table, either text or graphics, with one referencing the TargetCompound:CompoundName (in this example) and the other referencing ISTD:CompoundName. In limited testing this appears to work with all compounds selected or with only certain compounds selected.

• While I have your attention may I ask your if there is a way to set "global" variables?

I have the "RA Tolerance" calculated for standards, what I would like is that the intervall is kept in memory and affects the style of the RA of another sample, for example it being green or red depending on wether it falls withing the window or not.

Reply Children
Was this helpful?