Can't initialize GC through Chemstation

I have been using Chemstation with my Agilent 7890/5975C for a few years now.  I closed down the software and machine to perform a source cleaning.

Now, when I attempt to open Chemstation it state: "GC error: CreateNotificationHost() in InitializeDevice() failed" and Chemstation shuts down.

Any clues or remedies?

Parents Reply Children
  • Thank you.  Have not yet tried a repair.  Will do so as soon as I find that pesky CD-ROM.  Lol.  I don't necessarily believe it is a hardware issue as it seems to communicate fine with the GC when connecting on the "MSTOP" bar, etc... But I will investigate further if the repair doesn't work.  I'm just trying to figure out why, all of a sudden, it would start doing this.  Literally, all I did was shut down the GC/MSD in order to clean the source which I have done the same way many, many times.

• Hi ,

I just wanted to follow-up to see if this issue is resolved. If so, please come back to the post, let us know what you found, and click Verify Answer on the response so it will make the solution more visible.  If you still need help, just let us know and we would be happy to continue working with you.

Was this helpful?