Where to enter sample weights MassHunter V10.1?

Hello,

SW: MassHunter Workstation, Quantitative Analysis, Drug Analysis for GC, Version 10.1 Build 10.1.733.0

I am trying to batch process data acquired by GC-FID but I unable to generate the correct sample result since I don't know where to enter the sample weight/concentration.

I assume I select type as specimen, enter sample concentration under Exp.Conc and result populated under Final conc.
I get a result under Final conc. but it is incorrect and no matter the value I enter in the Exp. Conc. box, the result does not change.

Also, I am not sure why for some of my standards, no plate count is being generated although the peak is still being integrated. How do I get a plate count value to appear consistently? 

• Hello ,

The column Exp. Conc. is generally filled in with the standard's level concentration from the calibration curve and is not used directly in Final Conc. calculations. If you need to have your sample's weight or concentration figure into the final concentration then you can use the Multiplier. This is calculated from values entered for Dilution (Dil.), Sample Amount (Amt.), and Total Sample Amount (Tot. Amt.). Details on using these can be found in this post

For the Plates column there is a known issue where under certain conditions if the integrator cannot determine an appropriate peak width using the tangent method then the plates value will not be calculated for an integrated peak. Work is being made to improve this in future releases of quant, but there is currently no general workaround for this issue.  

Was this helpful?