Retention time lock Mass Hunter B.07.03.2129

I want to to a retention time lock on  method i'm developing. I'm using mass hunter B.07.03.2129 with DA F.01.01.2317 with Quant and Qual as DA options. I wanted to know if there's anyway to do the RT lock with FID data only because it's asking for for ion mass but there are too many peaks with the same masses so i'd rather do it based on the actual retention time of the peaks?

• Hello dexter91,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your request. I've added tags to increase visibility.

I'm looking at finding an answer to your question, I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information, but I have a question for you: are you acquiring both FID and MS signals at the same time?
    Regards,Rejean

• Hello dexter91,

I need to have the column configuration from your system in order to give you a proper answer: are you using only 1 column with a splitter at the end to split it to the MS and the FID or you have 2 columns configured, 1 for each detector and 2 inlets?

Here is what can be done: the retention time locking can only be done on 1 channel/column and the software looks at the primary signal to acquire the retention time locking information and that primary signal is the MS when acquiring mixed data like MS and FID. You can acquire the retention time locking data with only the FID but you will need to have the MSD Chemstation Data Analysis software installed on your workstation and it needs to be activated in the acquisition software to acquire the retention time locking with only the FID signal:

Once the retention time locking calibration table is created in your method, simply modify it to acquire both signals, MS and FID, and the method will work properly.

The same procedure will need to be performed when it will be time to re-lock your method.

Hope it helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Rejean

• Great! that worked and the GC is currently configured to a CFT but is going to be replaced to go to the FID only

Thank you!

Was this helpful?