How to convert .D file from Mass Hunter software to .cdf file

Hi everyone. Can we convert the data file .D from Mass Hunter software to .cdf file.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Parents
  • The GCMS Translator program has a hidden and not fully supported feature that will convert MassHunter .D filed to netCDF/AIA format.  It only works for MS data (no MS/MS) and unit mass (no TOF).  You will find the installer on the GCMS Supplemental disk.

Once it is installed you must create a special desktop icon to run it in AIA Export mode.

1) Copy and paste the shipping icon

2) Rename the copy to "AIA Export"

3) Edit the Target entry in the Properties Dialog Replace the "/Menu" command at the end of the string with "/AIACreate"

4) Hit OK

5) Start the new program with a double click on the "AIA Export" icon

6) Navigate to the folder containing a set of .D data files and hit translate.

7) The .cdf data files will appear in the same folder as the .D file and have the same name.  The .ms file is not important and may be deleted.

God luck!

• The GCMS Translator program has a hidden and not fully supported feature that will convert MassHunter .D filed to netCDF/AIA format.  It only works for MS data (no MS/MS) and unit mass (no TOF).  You will find the installer on the GCMS Supplemental disk.

Once it is installed you must create a special desktop icon to run it in AIA Export mode.

1) Copy and paste the shipping icon

2) Rename the copy to "AIA Export"

3) Edit the Target entry in the Properties Dialog Replace the "/Menu" command at the end of the string with "/AIACreate"

4) Hit OK

5) Start the new program with a double click on the "AIA Export" icon

6) Navigate to the folder containing a set of .D data files and hit translate.

7) The .cdf data files will appear in the same folder as the .D file and have the same name.  The .ms file is not important and may be deleted.

God luck!

Children
  • Hi Tom,

We have GCMS Translator. As I went through the manual, I think this software is to convert to .D file Mass Hunter. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you!

• Hello Sara,

As you described, one of the tasks that the GCMS Translator software can perform is to convert *.D files that were collected in MSD ChemStation software to a format compatible with the MassHunter Qualitative and Quantitative Data Analysis products.

If you follow the procedure outlined by Tom in his reply, it unlocks a hidden and not fully supported feature that can export the raw data from single quad GCMS *.D files to AIA format. In order to do this, you will just need make a copy of the GCMS translator desktop shortcut and then edit the properties of the shortcut (right-click>Properties) as described in Tom's instructions and shown below:

Once you apply this edit to the shortcut properties, the next time you launch the GCMS Translator with that shortcut the software will allow you to export raw data to AIA format.

• Thank you very much! I had successfully translated the *.D files to *.cdf files. Very happy!

Was this helpful?