Using retention indices in MassHunter Quant (GC-MS)

Good day,

I was wondering if there is a way to set up MH Quant to use retention time indices rather than RT when doing targeted analysis.
Or perhaps use the RI to correct any RT shifts in the analysis. I have yet to find an option for that. I have only found an option to use RI as a library search approach.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Ricardo

Parents
  • Hi Ricardo,

One point when you can use RI in MH Quant is when you create a method from library file. You can add compounds into method and if the library contains RI information you can add RT calibration file to convert RI information into RT.

There is a script that is installed with MH Quant that can be used to calculate RI from RT of selected target compound and method value. Basically you run it in batch table view and see results in Custom Calculation and RI fields and you can visually compare them.

Compute RI from RT script description:

As MH Quant has full support for scripting one could be designed that would update method RT when RI field is filled and RT calibration file is given.

If you observe RT shift between your batches (maybe due to different matrices) or you change/cut the column in regular short intervals I would suggest of using Retention Time Locking functionality as I assume that you're running GCMS instrument with our acquisition software.

• It sounds promising! I will definitely try it out.

Thank you so much for the very detailed help

• I just wanted to follow up with you to see if tmh's reply answered your question. If it did, we would appreciate it if you could come back and mark it as the "Correct Answer" to increase visibility for other users.

For the time being I am going to mark this post as "Assumed Answered," but please let us know if you need any further help.

• I am in fact still setting up the method, so unfortunately I did not have the time to test this approach yet.

I will come back with details when I do. You can mark the post as you see it is most appropriate

Best regards,

Ricardo

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?