ChemStation did not complete its initialization cycle

Last week I had to restart the  Acquisition Software now I cannot switch it back on.

Some program error which sounds like "ChemStation did not complete its initialization cycle". Then on clicking the OK button everything closes leaving the log-file (attached).

We have already reinstalled this program but this didn't help a bit.

Now I have an update for this problem:

I also have found in the log-file the following strings:

Prepare to Vent

b$[4]=_$(54006,"Vent Preparation Complete")

Vent Preparation Complete

b$[5]=_$(54007,"Pumping Down")

Pumping Down

b$[6]=_$(54008,"Fault")

Fault

b$[7]=_$(54009,"Vacuum SYstem Failure")

Vacuum SYstem Failure

I think this sounds enough like a problem for initialization..

MS said Turbo Pump Speed 100% - I don't know how else to check the vacuum system.

Instrument restart also doesn't help...

New updates on this topic:

Configuration tests.

As just GC - ChemStation opens properly without any errors. Status ready/online. It reads the parameters from GC and welcomes in status bar.

As just MS - it also opens but warns that MS “is not connected”. Status idle/offline but it loads the method successfully and keeps on.

When in GC-MS mode it always says “did not complete initialization cycle” and closes.

So the problem is somehow in MS connection but pinging is also fine – 0% lost.

Does this all make sense to you?

Kindest regards,

Mario

attachments.zip
Parents Reply Children
  • Sorry for the delay. The question is already solved indeed, thought the answer was different. The error in GC-MS couple was caused by second instrument with separate computer (slave in the network). Due to this communication problem it started behave wrong and disturbed the normal connection between GC and MS. After we restarted this second computer and restore MS firmware – ChemStation returned. Nevertheless, I thank all who tried to help!

Was this helpful?