Can Masshunter be installed in Mac OS with Parallels Desktop VM?

Dears,

I tried to install MasHunter B08.00 on MacBook pro 2011 with Intel Core 2 duo 2.8GHz, through Parallels Desktop and Windows 7 professional installa in VM.

Installazione stopped and I received this error:

Does my Intel processor fit requirements or it is obsolete for MassHunter?

Can I install it, using different procedure or modifing some setting?

P.S. IAttached, you could find logfile, too.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Fabio 

Agilent_MassHunter_Workstation_Qualitative_Analysis_B.08.00_20200311211138.log.zip
Parents
  • Hi ,

From the log file it appears the issue is with one of Qual's dependencies, SQL Server Compact Edition

[09AC:06F0][2020-03-11T21:11:48]i301: Applying execute package: SSCERuntime_x64, action: Install, path: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{D4AD39AD-091E-4D33-BB2B-59F6FCB8ADC3}v3.5.8080.0\SQL Server Compact Edition\SSCERuntime-ENU-x64.msi, arguments: ' MSIFASTINSTALL="7"'
    [09AC:06F0][2020-03-11T21:11:48]e000: Error 0x80070661: Failed to install MSI package.

There is no officially supported option for running MassHunter on any virtual machine, Mac or otherwise. Though typically if the VM can present an OS and hardware that is compatible it will usually work.

Generally I would suggest verifying the following to give yourself the best chance for success

• For Win 7, make certain it is the Professional version. Enterprise may work, Home will typically not work.
    • Right click and run the installer as Administrator. It is not enough to simply be logged in as a user in the Administrator group, though that is best as well.
    • Make certain that the latest supported version of .NET is installed on the VM. It is best to make certain that both the latest 3.5 is installed along with the latest 4.x, though sometimes you may need to try to match the 4.x version to whatever was current at the time of release for the particular version of MassHunter you are trying to install. 

For your particular issue however, I think you will simply need to find another host with more up to date hardware.

• Dear Howard,

thanks a lot for you answer. I'll try your suggestion ASAP.

Window7 is pro version, but I'm pretty sure that .NET version is older than

Regards

Fabio

Il giorno gio 12 mar 2020 alle ore 13:57 howard_sanford <

agilent-x@jiveon.com> ha scritto:

>

•   Agilent Community

<https://community.agilent.com/?et=watches.email.thread> Re: Can Masshunter

be installed in Mac OS with Parallels Desktop VM? reply from howard_sanford

<>

in Software - View the full discussion

<https://community.agilent.com/message/11377-re-can-masshunter-be-installed-in-mac-os-with-parallels-desktop-vm?commentID=11377&et=watches.email.thread#comment-11377>

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?