Rough and turbo pumps don't initiate when turning on an Agilent 6460 LC/MS after a 3 month shut down. There are no obvious leaks and the oil and filters are good. Any thoughts appreciated.

Rough and turbo pumps don't initiate when turning on an Agilent 6460 LC/MS after a 3 month shut down. There are no obvious leaks and the oil and filters are good. Any thoughts appreciated.

Parents
  • hi drmbutton,

One thought.

We have had problems with the rough pump on a 6430 blowing the fuses on the unit when it is first turned on. I wonder if the fuses are blown. They are simple to replace and somewhere on the Agilent site is a pdf showing the location of the fuses and what is required to do it.

I was told that when the rough pumps are cold, they draw more "juice" from the electrical supply which may be enough to blow the fuses.

Kevin

• hi drmbutton,

One thought.

We have had problems with the rough pump on a 6430 blowing the fuses on the unit when it is first turned on. I wonder if the fuses are blown. They are simple to replace and somewhere on the Agilent site is a pdf showing the location of the fuses and what is required to do it.

I was told that when the rough pumps are cold, they draw more "juice" from the electrical supply which may be enough to blow the fuses.

Kevin

Children
Was this helpful?