EIC confusion,

EIC are flat-lined where peaks are expected.  Probably something simple but I'm at a loss how to proceed.  TIA!

Parents
  • Hello,

First, you should extract accurate mass, with 3 or 4 decimal places. Nominal mass will not work for HRMS. You can change extraction window width at the "extract chromatogram", where you set an extracted mass. It is usually in ppm, I would recomend 20 or 40 ppm.

Even better is to use "Find-by-formula", where you paste formulas of your analytes and it will automatically calculate exact mass of different adducts, extract them and qualify also isotopic pattern.

There still might be a problem with a mass accuracy (shifted masses) or something else. But exact masses are essential.

Ondrej 

• Hello,

First, you should extract accurate mass, with 3 or 4 decimal places. Nominal mass will not work for HRMS. You can change extraction window width at the "extract chromatogram", where you set an extracted mass. It is usually in ppm, I would recomend 20 or 40 ppm.

Even better is to use "Find-by-formula", where you paste formulas of your analytes and it will automatically calculate exact mass of different adducts, extract them and qualify also isotopic pattern.

There still might be a problem with a mass accuracy (shifted masses) or something else. But exact masses are essential.

Ondrej 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?