What does the Lamp Anode Voltage trace (HPLC-DAD) actually show?

Hi, What does the Lamp Anode Voltage trace (HPLC-DAD) actually show? We have baseline noise that directly correlates with the fluctuations in the voltage trace. thanks

Parents
  • Instability in the anode voltage will cause baseline problems in your detector signal. For example, if the lamp doesn't light properly, the voltage will reset and you will see periodic changes in the baseline.  I have seen old lamps sometimes produce odd, irregular baseline spikes and changes.  All of these symptoms are indications of a lamp that is having problems and is likely to fail soon. If the instability continues, I think a lamp replacement is the obvious option.

• Instability in the anode voltage will cause baseline problems in your detector signal. For example, if the lamp doesn't light properly, the voltage will reset and you will see periodic changes in the baseline.  I have seen old lamps sometimes produce odd, irregular baseline spikes and changes.  All of these symptoms are indications of a lamp that is having problems and is likely to fail soon. If the instability continues, I think a lamp replacement is the obvious option.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?