Hello My Agilent HPLC has problem with retention time change every day. We changed MCV and plungers and all. But still same. How to fix this

Regarding HPLC retention time variation.

Parents
  • Hi  

Maybe a bit more detail would help to get you an answer.  Here's a few questions:

• Is the method gradient or isocratic
    • Do you prepare the mobile phase freshly each day
    • Is the column maintained at a set temperature using a column oven/thermostat
    • Is there just variability day-to-day, or is there the same variability across the day
    • Provide us more details about the HPLC - what modules does the system contain; I can tell that you have a quaternary pump, since you mention changing the MCGV
    • Have you carried out any tests on the pump, either leak rate test or gradient test?

Probably enough questions for now.

/Andy

• Hi  

Maybe a bit more detail would help to get you an answer.  Here's a few questions:

• Is the method gradient or isocratic
    • Do you prepare the mobile phase freshly each day
    • Is the column maintained at a set temperature using a column oven/thermostat
    • Is there just variability day-to-day, or is there the same variability across the day
    • Provide us more details about the HPLC - what modules does the system contain; I can tell that you have a quaternary pump, since you mention changing the MCGV
    • Have you carried out any tests on the pump, either leak rate test or gradient test?

Probably enough questions for now.

/Andy

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?