Installing OpenLAB CDS Chemstation C.01.07 SR3 fails with "upgrading from V1 to V1.1 has failed"

Good day,

Wondering if anyone can help as Agilent phone support will not.

Trying to install OpenLAB CDS Chemstation C.01.07 SR3 onto a Windows 10 machine (their support did tell me that version is supposed to be supported on Windows 10). But when it tries to upgrade the shared services database it fails with "upgrading from V1 to V1.1 has failed". Images attached.

Seems to install without issue on Windows 7.

attachments.zip
  • Our Lab manager called in and finally got someone willing to help. The problem is Windows 10 build 1903 and they sent over these steps which seemed to do the trick, I was able to get the software installed and it runs properly. I did it via Option #1.

Option #1

1. Open Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Execute the two commands below, one at a time.
    3. The first command installs features Net.TCP Port Sharing and TCP Activation and enables the  Net.TCP Port Sharing Service. Wait a few minutes to complete.
    4. The second command sets the startup type to Automatic on Net.TCP Port Sharing Service.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -online -All -FeatureName WCF-TCP-Activation45

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>Set-Service NetTcpPortSharing -StartupType Automatic

Option #2

1. Go to Programs and Features>Turn Windows features on or off>NET Framework 4.7 Advanced Services>WCF Services
      check both
      TCP Activation
      TCP Port Sharing
      Press OK
    2. Manually open the Services panel in Windows 10.
    3. Locate the "Net.TCP Port Sharing Service"
    4. Select properties, enable the service and set the startup type to Automatic.
Was this helpful?