Small Peaks and Poor Separation Using 1260 RID

Help with Agilent RID 1260 using a mixed D column, THF as the eluent, analyzing Polystyrene Standards, concentration 2,6 and 10mg/l with a 200ul injection and 1ml/min flow. Peaks are very small and poor separation. Any suggestions

Parents
  • Sounds like GPC to me. This is something, I don't know much about. If you want to check out the RID itself, I'd go for this quick test:

Flush the sample and reference side of the cell with water. Run STD #3 (15mg/ml) of the Glycerin sample (5064-8220) at a flow rate of
    1.0 ml/min water, a runtime of 5 mins and 20 ul injection volume using a restriction capillary.

With the same method, but a RT of 2 min and 2ul injection volume, you can inject standard 1 to 5 and check response linearity.

• Sounds like GPC to me. This is something, I don't know much about. If you want to check out the RID itself, I'd go for this quick test:

Flush the sample and reference side of the cell with water. Run STD #3 (15mg/ml) of the Glycerin sample (5064-8220) at a flow rate of
    1.0 ml/min water, a runtime of 5 mins and 20 ul injection volume using a restriction capillary.

With the same method, but a RT of 2 min and 2ul injection volume, you can inject standard 1 to 5 and check response linearity.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?