Blockage that causes high pressure in the HPLC 1100 in the rotor seal

There is a blockage that causes me high pressure in the HPLC 1100. The blockage is in the area of the rotor seal. I have tried passing 100% acetonitrile, it has not unblocked it. I have tried to pass it with 100% propanol, it has not unblocked it either. What could I do? Thank you very much.

Parents
  • Ensure that the capillary is not the clogged part and that it is indeed the rotor seal. You can try to reverse the direction to backflush the rotor seal to see if this frees the flow path. Do this by moving the green capillary from port 1 to port 2 and turn on the pump. You can try this with water at around 3mL/min and see if it removes the blockage. If not, then a rotor seal should do the trick 0100-1853.

• Ensure that the capillary is not the clogged part and that it is indeed the rotor seal. You can try to reverse the direction to backflush the rotor seal to see if this frees the flow path. Do this by moving the green capillary from port 1 to port 2 and turn on the pump. You can try this with water at around 3mL/min and see if it removes the blockage. If not, then a rotor seal should do the trick 0100-1853.

Children
Was this helpful?