My 1100 HPLC keeps failing the Precision test calibration. The peaks are good until one injection will be too high and make the RDS fail. This has happened twice. there are no signs of a leak.

My 1100 HPLC keeps failing the Precision test calibration.
The peaks are good until one injection will be too high and make the RDS fail. This
has happened twice. there are no signs of a leak.

Parents
  • When you say that there are no signs of a leak, have you run a pump leak rate test using Agilent Lab Advisor?  If not, I would suggest testing this.

If you're unlucky enough for your peak to elute just at the point when the outlet ball valve fails to close properly, the flow will reduce momentarily be reduced, your peak will stay in the flow cell for longer than it would at full flow and the peak will have a larger area than expected!

Does that make sense?

Cheers

Andy

• When you say that there are no signs of a leak, have you run a pump leak rate test using Agilent Lab Advisor?  If not, I would suggest testing this.

If you're unlucky enough for your peak to elute just at the point when the outlet ball valve fails to close properly, the flow will reduce momentarily be reduced, your peak will stay in the flow cell for longer than it would at full flow and the peak will have a larger area than expected!

Does that make sense?

Cheers

Andy

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?