"Not Ready - Wait Remote" Status for VWD

Hello Everyone, 

We are using a 1260 Infinity II LC System and we decided to connect an auxiliary device from the VWD using the D-15 sub serial connection on the back of the system. 

We now want to use the LC system without the auxiliary device, so we disconnected the cable.

The problem is that when executing a run, the VWD remains in the "Not Ready - Wait Remote" Status, so the run can't go to completion. We think the machine is waiting for contact closure from the disconnected device. Reconnecting it solves the issue.

Can we make the LC system (specifically the VWD) forget the contact closure with the auxiliary device? We want to be able to use the LC system independent of the auxiliary connection. 

Thank you for your help!

All the best, 

Albert

Parents Reply Children
  • As your VWD is a Fusion-based module, there is no APG remote connector, but an ERI port, which per default, works in APG-remote-mode. Please double-check if there is anything on the ERI port, like an open cable, an MS, leak sensor extension etc.

If nothing could be found, then I would suspect the hardware (main- or Fusion board).

With the Agilent LabAdvisor software you can pull the so called diagnostic buffers (even with the Basic license) and send them to Agilent customer care along with the System report from LabAdvisor. This will help them getting the full picture of installed hardware, options, firmware etc.

• I can confirm that there is no connection on the ERI port.

I will send the reports to customer care and follow up with the solution hopefully. 

Was this helpful?