Ghost peaks of different height at same retention time for same samples when run multiple times

hii, I am working with RP C18 column in Agilent 1260 infinity II, I am using KH2PO4 as buffer  which runs in gradient with Acetonitrile. 5 days back my blank (HPLC MQ) was clean. However now there are ghost peaks of height 30-200 mAU at 211 nm for blank MQ sample every time I am running it and at same retention time. can you please tell me what is wrong and how to resolve this. 

Parents
  • Hi Aratrika, this could be due to contamination of your system (needle, needle seat, column, or flow cell). I'd recommend you try thoroughly flushing your system and monitor your detector signal throughout to see if you have peaks eluting. If you have a detector with a flow cell, i would recommend you try running the cell test through Lab Advisor to see if there may be contamination. 

• Hi Aratrika, this could be due to contamination of your system (needle, needle seat, column, or flow cell). I'd recommend you try thoroughly flushing your system and monitor your detector signal throughout to see if you have peaks eluting. If you have a detector with a flow cell, i would recommend you try running the cell test through Lab Advisor to see if there may be contamination. 

Children
Was this helpful?