Using RID with pH outside of recommended pH range

Hi all, what is the risk of using the RID with a mobile phase outside the recommended pH range? I've seen published methods using an RID with 10 mM formic acid to separate sugars (www.pnas.org/.../6438. thank you!

Parents
  • Officially we can only allow what's mentioned in the specifications. In the end, it's your detector, so, if you run outside the specs, it´s at your own risk and you cannot blame the manufacturer.

I´ve seen worse solvents than 10 mM Formic acid. My strong advice would be to only use it for as short as possible and then THOROUGHLY flush the ENTIRE detector with fresh, clean water, followed by IPA.

• Officially we can only allow what's mentioned in the specifications. In the end, it's your detector, so, if you run outside the specs, it´s at your own risk and you cannot blame the manufacturer.

I´ve seen worse solvents than 10 mM Formic acid. My strong advice would be to only use it for as short as possible and then THOROUGHLY flush the ENTIRE detector with fresh, clean water, followed by IPA.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?