How do I lower my signal in my DAD detector in my Agilent 1260 HPLC system?

I am setting up our new HPLC for preparative scale separation.

Currently, I am saturating the UV-detector (the peaks in the chromotagram are cut-off at the top). 

How do I lower signal intensity? I tried changing the attenuation value but this had no effect on the signal intensity. 

I apologize if this is a trivial issue. 

Best,

Kevin

Parents
  • Hello,

You will need to modify the sample concentration [less concentration] or make a smaller injection volume.  Alternatively, you can choose a wavelength where it absorbs less intensely and that will lower the signal as well.

I assume you are collecting the signal into a PC digitally and if true, lowering the attenuation will have no effect.  Attenuation is for analog signal manipulation.

• Hello,

You will need to modify the sample concentration [less concentration] or make a smaller injection volume.  Alternatively, you can choose a wavelength where it absorbs less intensely and that will lower the signal as well.

I assume you are collecting the signal into a PC digitally and if true, lowering the attenuation will have no effect.  Attenuation is for analog signal manipulation.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?