Lab Advisor Pressure too High Check Still Failing

Recently I noticed a larger pressure fluctuation during the injection process for my 1220 autosampler. I tested the system using Lab Advisor's Pressure too High test and it failed stating that there is a clog.  I switched out the needle, needle capillary, and the needle seat, but the issue is still persisting with a fluctuation of 15bar during the injection process. I believe the issue is during the mainpass-bypass switch.

Are there any actions I make take to reduce this fluctuation or is this okay? I am running water and methanol as my mobile phase.

Thank you.

Parents
  • Hello,

To identify where a clog is, I always suggest the same thing.

1- Do you have a high pressure when you open the purge valve?

2- close he purge valve and remove the capillary that goes into the column and get paper or beaker to take the mobile phase that will come out.

3- Check what pressure you have at that moment and then right click on the sampler on your software and ''Switch valve to bypass'' and check the pressure. Pressure should drop slightly and not be above pressure limit in either case

4- you can also disconnect the capillary from the valve (position 1 - that comes from the pump) and close the purge valve and see if pressure drops. If it did not drop significantly at 2 and 3 and drops at 4, I suspect the rotor seal of the injection valve is the issue.

Let us know what you get.

• Hello, 

To answer your questions

1- No, pressure is near 0 bar when the purge valve is open.

2 & 3 - After following both steps, switching from mainpass to bypass decreased the pressure by roughly 1bar.

4 Pressure did not drop. It is consistent with what is expected. 

I ran IPA through the instrumentation and the Pressure too High test passed with it; however, the test does not pass with my mobile phase composition. 

• Hello, 

To answer your questions

1- No, pressure is near 0 bar when the purge valve is open.

2 & 3 - After following both steps, switching from mainpass to bypass decreased the pressure by roughly 1bar.

4 Pressure did not drop. It is consistent with what is expected. 

I ran IPA through the instrumentation and the Pressure too High test passed with it; however, the test does not pass with my mobile phase composition. 

Children
Was this helpful?