Flashing orange light/missing on autosampler

We have an Agilent 1100 with a G1313a autosampler. The software froze in the middle of a run and now the system will not recognize the autosampler (it recognizes all other components). I've tried replacing the LAN cord and doing a cold start with no success. The power light on the autosampler flashes an orange light. What other troubleshooting steps can I take to get the instrument up and running again?

Parents
  • I guess you´re talking about the status indicator, not the light on the power switch.

I´d try the ALS stand-alone, so remove all CAN cables. Make sure all eight DIP switches are down (switch them with the ALS turned off).

If still not working, check if you did the forced cold start correctly. Turn off the ALS, put DIP switches 1, 2 and 8 to the upper position. Turn on the ALS and wait 60s. Turn off and put all DIP switches down. Then check if it´s working.

• I guess you´re talking about the status indicator, not the light on the power switch.

I´d try the ALS stand-alone, so remove all CAN cables. Make sure all eight DIP switches are down (switch them with the ALS turned off).

If still not working, check if you did the forced cold start correctly. Turn off the ALS, put DIP switches 1, 2 and 8 to the upper position. Turn on the ALS and wait 60s. Turn off and put all DIP switches down. Then check if it´s working.

Children
Was this helpful?