MXP7900 valve installed on an 1100 LC system.

I recently purchased a MX Series II (MXP7900-000) 2-position, 6-port valve product and I’m having trouble installing it on my Agilent 1100 HPLC.  I’m trying to get the ChemStation program to recognize it but I’m still having problems.  Could you please let me know how to install it.

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Jhagel,

Thanks for your response. The Universal Interface Box looks a bit expensive.  We did purchase an agilent control card G1351-68701 which Agilent recommended for this use case but wouldn't commit anything else.  The pinout appears different than the page 146 you sent.  It appears to be 3 rows of 5 pins.  Of course they want us to by their control cable for several hundred dollars.   

Once we installed the board a timed events tab became available in the method section for the module with options to open and close each of the 4 contacts at given times during a run.  this was what Agilent said would be the case so it seems that all we need now is to get the pin out right with the MXII to get it to open and close.  The cable and connector that came from IDEX had some wires mislabled and neither IDEX or Agilent seems to want to give us the exact way to make this work as neither will support the other. 

We have already spent over $500 on the control card and Agilent is trying to have us buy their $250 cable which seems to be a waste of money since IDEX had included one.  Any guidance or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Bruce

Was this helpful?