Chemstation explorer and system icons are missing on my Chemstation 3D LC Rev A.10.02?

Hi, I inherited an older HP 1050 system with Dell computer with Chemstation. I was enthusiastic because I have an unfunded application (using discretionary funds) to self-fund a project.  Although the system works from menus choices (I can run gradients, sample from the auto sampler, etc), I can't seem to bring up ChemStation Explorer or get the system picture icons of the various equipments to show.  Am I missing some obvious step?  Or am I thinking they are supposed to be there from looking at all the literature from more recent 1100/1200 systems?

Regards,

-Peter

Parents
  • Hi Peter, it sort of depends on your expectation. Are you comparing what you’re seeing in A.10.02 with a newer version of ChemStation? When you say ChemStation Explorer, are you referring to the data file navigation pane? That is a feature of ChemStation B.02.01 or later. To load files in the version you’re asking about, you would have to load them one by one under File > Load while in the Data Analysis view. As for the icons that represent the components in your instrument, you can usually enable that in the Method and Run Control view, under View > System diagram. 

• Valentinsusu, yes, the Navigation Pane (at the lower left of the screen).  OK, then it wouldn't be available.  I just got the system pieced together a few weeks ago and spent so much time going over literature for various newer systems that I am wondering if I actually saw the Navigation Pane and GUI Icons for the components or if I saw them in all the newer system pdfs that I thought I saw them on the computer.  I haven't been able to get the system icons back up using the Method and Run Control View/System Diagram.  I'll check it again on Wedns (out of town tomorrow).  Thanks for the reply.

• Hi Peter, have you taken another look at the software? There could be several things happening there that would cause the software not to show the system icons. One could be simply that the instrument isn't being recognized by the software, or more likely, since you pieced it together as you say, the components you have aren't all compatible with the version of software you're running. The best place to start would be the Installation Guide found on the A.10.02 ChemStation installation disc. I've attached it here for your convenience.

• Valentinrusu, thanks for the file (I think I've now collected about 50 pdfs, some in triplicate, regarding 1050, 1100, and 1200 systems).

I'm able to run the system; the components work with the computer/software.  However, I obtained this HP 1050 as a second hand/used/refurbished, with accompanying computer and loaded software, but no software disks. Others have mentioned that they didn't think the Navigation Pane was available until 1100 series components (although I could swear it was there when I first turned it on, but I could possibly be mistaken with all the pdf's that I've opened that have them there confusing their presence in those documents as what I think I initially saw).  But I can set up a method, save it, run it via the autosampler (start) and it uses the method on the PC/software.  I just like the idea of those equipment GUI icons and the Navigation Pane.

• We don't have any obsolete 1050 modules to try this out.  With a 1050 configured I don't see a view system diagram, just a view- sampling diagram. Which you have on the left.

If you hit the icon with the 3 vials on it you will see the sampling diagram and vials will be highlighted matching what is in your sequence.

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?