PTFE frit in Quat Pump always dirty

Hello! I have slightly increased the amount of use my HPLC gets but I am having to change the PTFE frit in the Quat pump what seems like a lot more often. Probably once to twice a month. Is there anything else that anyone thinks that could be causing it to get dirty? Or is it more likely to just be from just the increased usage? We do not have a normal maintenance routine as we are a very small company. I am working on developing one.  Thank you for any help you can provide!

ETA: I am having pressure issues when this happens and causes it to stop working. I forgot to mention this.

Parents
  • When I got here (very small QC lab) they had the mindset of "we use it so little that we will just figure out problems as they arise." We have since started going through a lot more samples so I created a maintenance log and am going to try to do routine maintenance on it. Right now we filter through glass filters but who knows when the last time they were changed. I also replaced the piston seals. I've tried to utilize Lab Advisor but it isn't working correctly on my computer and my tech person isn't being of much help with it. I might try reaching out to a representative and see if they can help me. I do think flushing out the system and doing the list of suggestions above will help. Thank you all, I would be lost without you!

• When I got here (very small QC lab) they had the mindset of "we use it so little that we will just figure out problems as they arise." We have since started going through a lot more samples so I created a maintenance log and am going to try to do routine maintenance on it. Right now we filter through glass filters but who knows when the last time they were changed. I also replaced the piston seals. I've tried to utilize Lab Advisor but it isn't working correctly on my computer and my tech person isn't being of much help with it. I might try reaching out to a representative and see if they can help me. I do think flushing out the system and doing the list of suggestions above will help. Thank you all, I would be lost without you!

Children
Was this helpful?