vent GC/MS

Hello, 

I vented my GC/MS, but because of the high temprature in the lab it took 3 hrs

I would like to ask if we vented the device without shuting down the instrument , its ok ? 

Parents
  • This should take less than one hour.  The ion source and quad(s) only need to be below 100° C and the high vacuum pumps - diffusion pump off and cold or the turbo pumps not spinning.  Make sure that the GC transferline temperature is set to OFF or 0° C along with the injection port(s) and any GC detectors or other heated accessories.  Set the GC Oven to 0° C so that the flap in the back will open and the fan will stay on. This helps cool off the tip of the transferline.

The only way to safely open up the mass spectrometer for maintenance is if it has been properly set to vent and completed the vent cycle.

How hot is it in your laboratory? 

• This should take less than one hour.  The ion source and quad(s) only need to be below 100° C and the high vacuum pumps - diffusion pump off and cold or the turbo pumps not spinning.  Make sure that the GC transferline temperature is set to OFF or 0° C along with the injection port(s) and any GC detectors or other heated accessories.  Set the GC Oven to 0° C so that the flap in the back will open and the fan will stay on. This helps cool off the tip of the transferline.

The only way to safely open up the mass spectrometer for maintenance is if it has been properly set to vent and completed the vent cycle.

How hot is it in your laboratory? 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?