GC/MS TGA Tandem

We have Agilent 6890N GC/MS w/ a 5977A MSD. Have hope of connecting that to a TGA. Has anybody done this and can point me down the right path.

Parents
  • I have almost the same system as shown in the picture for over a year now. The application was supplied by Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions in the Netherlands. It is a Mettler TGA 2, with a Gerstel MPS autosampler on a Agilent GCMS(MS) with a CIS injector. The pyrolysis products coming from the TGA are adsorbed on either a PDMS twister or a Tenax-Thermal Desorption tube and then analyzed using a thermal desorption unit on the GCMS(MS).

Main difference between this system and a pyrolyzer directly on top of a GCMS inlet is sample size. The TGA crucibles on my system have a maximum volume of 900µl. One of the samples I analyze are filters sample from air and these big crucibles can fit several 10mm punches.

Contact me if you have specific questions.

Alex

• I have almost the same system as shown in the picture for over a year now. The application was supplied by Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions in the Netherlands. It is a Mettler TGA 2, with a Gerstel MPS autosampler on a Agilent GCMS(MS) with a CIS injector. The pyrolysis products coming from the TGA are adsorbed on either a PDMS twister or a Tenax-Thermal Desorption tube and then analyzed using a thermal desorption unit on the GCMS(MS).

Main difference between this system and a pyrolyzer directly on top of a GCMS inlet is sample size. The TGA crucibles on my system have a maximum volume of 900µl. One of the samples I analyze are filters sample from air and these big crucibles can fit several 10mm punches.

Contact me if you have specific questions.

Alex

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?