My 502 m/z peak on my tune is splitting. I was wondering what may cause this. Any help would be amazing!

• Hi Paul,

After doing a 6hr bakeout, allowing the source to sit at 230C for over an hour, and setting the flow to 0.9ml/min, here's my tune:

• That is certainly worse. There's one last thing to try that is not invasive. Create a blank method that is, oh, 2 or 3 hours long with the oven at your normal final oven temperature and the electron multiplier turned down to, oh, 700V.  You want the hydrogen carrier gas flowing and the filament ON.  Do a blank, no inject run.   This may clean up the source a bit.  It also might take a couple of repetitions. 

This also could be a dirty source from contaminated carrier gas, a leak, sample, or column residue. The HydroInert Ion Source is not immune to contamination. The extractor insulator still needs to be replaced quite frequently as it is part of the ionization chamber and gets sample residue on it.  it may be time to contact your local Agilent service to set up a visit as well.

Was this helpful?