GC-MS 5973 won't pump down. Foreline pump turns off after ~10min

Hello,

I am having a problem pumping down GC-MSD 5973.

The GC-MSD was turned off over the weekend and on Monday when I tried to pump down, the foreline pump automatically turns off after about ~10 minutes.

From the pump down status, I can see that the turbo pump in fact reaches 100%.

Any help on the situation is appreciated.

Parents
  • We have experienced this but on a 5975.  The cooling fan for the turbo pump failed to restart after maintenance.  The error message however did not refer to the fan at all.  The easiest way to check if the fan is working is to hold a Kimwipe or other tissue in front of the ventilation slots on the front of the MSD, while trying to pump down.  On a 5975 the tissue would be pulled in by the ventilation fan if it was working.  The fan was replaced and that solved the pumpdown problem.

• We have experienced this but on a 5975.  The cooling fan for the turbo pump failed to restart after maintenance.  The error message however did not refer to the fan at all.  The easiest way to check if the fan is working is to hold a Kimwipe or other tissue in front of the ventilation slots on the front of the MSD, while trying to pump down.  On a 5975 the tissue would be pulled in by the ventilation fan if it was working.  The fan was replaced and that solved the pumpdown problem.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?