AUX 2 heater fault

I rebooted the GC and now it says AUX 2 heater fault. When I check the aux temp button it says wrong heating element. How do I fix this?

Parents
  • Aux 2 is typically configured as the transferline heater/sensor.   The simplest thing is to vent the MS, turn off the GC, remove the column, slide the GC away from the MS, and then unplug the transferline heater/sensor connector, plug it back together, then turn the GC back on.  This remakes that connection in case it is something that simple.

If that doesn't fix it, turn off the GC power, unplug this connector, and use a voltmeter to measure the pins on the Mass Spec transferline side. There are two skinny white wires and two thicker wires in diagonal pairs.  The two skinny ones, the Platinum Resistance Thermometer, should measure about 109 ohms at room temperature.  The two thicker wires, the heater, should measure about 17-20 Ohms.  If the heater resistance is much different than that the heater has probably failed and the heater/sensor assembly should be replaced.

(+) Thermal Aux 2 - No Sensor for Heater - Forum - GC/MS - Agilent Community

• Aux 2 is typically configured as the transferline heater/sensor.   The simplest thing is to vent the MS, turn off the GC, remove the column, slide the GC away from the MS, and then unplug the transferline heater/sensor connector, plug it back together, then turn the GC back on.  This remakes that connection in case it is something that simple.

If that doesn't fix it, turn off the GC power, unplug this connector, and use a voltmeter to measure the pins on the Mass Spec transferline side. There are two skinny white wires and two thicker wires in diagonal pairs.  The two skinny ones, the Platinum Resistance Thermometer, should measure about 109 ohms at room temperature.  The two thicker wires, the heater, should measure about 17-20 Ohms.  If the heater resistance is much different than that the heater has probably failed and the heater/sensor assembly should be replaced.

(+) Thermal Aux 2 - No Sensor for Heater - Forum - GC/MS - Agilent Community

Children
Was this helpful?