Waiting for ready external device

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with my GC (HP 6890). I was running samples for mineral oil using the MS, but I have changed over to use the FID for FAME testing. I have installed a new column, checked nuts, septa’s and connections. Everything looks good when I load the method and press run sequence to start my analysis. The GC tower goes and takes the vial and starts the pre-run prep but then stops and the injector stays in the sample vial, the GC screen then shows “waiting for ready external device”. I have checked everything I can think of, but nothing is making it actually start the run, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Anthony

Parents
  • Is the MS still pumped down and ready to go?  Do you have --   Use the MS   -- checked in the method?  If the column is connected to the FID and the MS is not running you'll need to uncheck that and save the method, hopefully with a new name like No_MS_FID_Only_28Feb2023.M  or something obvious.

Is there a blinking light on the Autosampler?   The simplest thing to try is to remove the syringe and see if it will go through the process. Sticking plungers are annoying.

The readiness check tab is here on the GC page.  This is rarely used.

• Is the MS still pumped down and ready to go?  Do you have --   Use the MS   -- checked in the method?  If the column is connected to the FID and the MS is not running you'll need to uncheck that and save the method, hopefully with a new name like No_MS_FID_Only_28Feb2023.M  or something obvious.

Is there a blinking light on the Autosampler?   The simplest thing to try is to remove the syringe and see if it will go through the process. Sticking plungers are annoying.

The readiness check tab is here on the GC page.  This is rarely used.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?