how do I get the 7890B GC to recognize a new flow controller that I just installed?

I installed a flow controller on my 7890B GC, but I get an ID mismatch error when I restart the GC. How do I get it to recognize the new part?

• From the keyboard, remove the EPC module, reboot, then configure the replacement EPC module. 

When replacing an EPC module or a detector signal board, you will have to update the configuration of the GC. This is because the configuration information includes the unique ID# and 
    manufacturing date for these parts.

To configure the new GC module
    1 Replace the module (the physical part) and power on the GC. The GC will list the Exceptions to the configuration and indicate that these modules are broken or missing.
    2 Unlock the “Configuration locks”.   Options, Keyboard and Display, turn off the configuration lock
    3 Press [Config] and select the GC module that you replaced.
    4 Press [Mode/Type]. The GC displays Remove module. Press [Enter].
    5 A Caution message tells you to reboot the GC.   Unlock the “Configuration locks”.   Options, Keyboard and Display, turn off the configuration lock
    6 Press [Mode/Type]. The GC displays Install module. Press [Enter].
    7 A Caution message tells you to reboot the GC.
    8 Press [Options]. Scroll to Communications and press [Enter].
    9 Scroll to Reboot the GC. Press [Yes/On] twice.
    10 Navigate to the configuration table for the GC module.
    11 Verify that the configuration is correct. Modify any additional configuration items, such as, Gas type or Lit offset.

Was this helpful?