Inlet cooling

Hi,

I noticed something strange with the cooling of my Inlet, when my oven starts cooling my Inlet heats up. 

The cooling of my Inlet is working fine when I test it separately, but when my gc oven starts to cool the Inlet is not able cool further down or stay at a set temperature. 

Is normal for agilent systems? I don't have a lot of experience with agilent gc/ms systems, but I have never seen this on any kind of other gc/ms.

Its a gc 8890 with mmi, and compressed air as coolend.

• From the cryo inlet cooling restrictor installation guide:

Requirements for compressed air cooling: • The compressed air should be free of particulate material, oil, and other contaminants. These contaminants could clog the valve or affect the proper operation of the GC. • Set the air supply pressure between 40 and 80 psig. • Use 1/4-inch copper or stainless steel tubing for supply tubing to the LN2 valve. When using the LN2 version at high supply pressures (typically >50 psig), a high frequency noise may be emitted from the instrument. To address this problem, a restrictor union G3510-27000 has been developed to reduce the emitted noise.

Or reduce the air pressure to 40 to 50 psig...

Was this helpful?