Repeated failure of primary fuses on Agilent MC 5975C

We are having repeated failures (3 now) were the MS just shuts down.  I can replace the fuses, but I wondering why this continues and if this is indicative of a bigger problem.  I would like some advice how to troubleshoot.  Thanks!

Jennifer Jones

Parents
  • Thanks Soccerdad and James.

I replaced the fuse and connected a brand new rough pump to the instrument.  I also checked the diffusion pump and changed that oil for thoroughness.  I was excited when the MS came back to life yesterday afternoon.  I allowed it to pump down over night and this morning was able to get a good Air/Water check and tune and even a 2 injections.  During the third injection, a few seconds after the detector turned on following the solvent front, the MS died.  The fuse blew again.  I saw errors 6: "Difficulty with the HED supply.  Difficulty in the mass filter electronics" and then error 204: "Difficulty in the mass filter electronics.  There is no emission current.  The high vacuum pump is not ready." 

After the instrument cooled down, I opened up the source and everything was connected and both filaments were intact. Any other suggestions or help is most welcome. 

Thank you!

Jennifer

• Thanks Soccerdad and James.

I replaced the fuse and connected a brand new rough pump to the instrument.  I also checked the diffusion pump and changed that oil for thoroughness.  I was excited when the MS came back to life yesterday afternoon.  I allowed it to pump down over night and this morning was able to get a good Air/Water check and tune and even a 2 injections.  During the third injection, a few seconds after the detector turned on following the solvent front, the MS died.  The fuse blew again.  I saw errors 6: "Difficulty with the HED supply.  Difficulty in the mass filter electronics" and then error 204: "Difficulty in the mass filter electronics.  There is no emission current.  The high vacuum pump is not ready." 

After the instrument cooled down, I opened up the source and everything was connected and both filaments were intact. Any other suggestions or help is most welcome. 

Thank you!

Jennifer

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?