Repeated failure of primary fuses on Agilent MC 5975C

We are having repeated failures (3 now) were the MS just shuts down.  I can replace the fuses, but I wondering why this continues and if this is indicative of a bigger problem.  I would like some advice how to troubleshoot.  Thanks!

Jennifer Jones

Parents
  • Hi Jennifer

We had an GC-MS issue in the past where the rough pump was starting to fail and as a result kept drawing too much current, causing some of the fuses to fail.

We also had an issue with a rough pump (on a LC-MS) which was blowing fuses when it started. For the LC-MS rough pump we connected it directly to power rather than to the MS and start it that way. Once it was running we were then able to turn it off and connect it back to the MS and then start it - I was told that sometimes if the pump/oil is cold the current draw can be too much for some of the fuses. Not sure if you can try something similar for the GC-MS rough pump.

Not sure if this helps at all

Kevin

• Hi Jennifer

We had an GC-MS issue in the past where the rough pump was starting to fail and as a result kept drawing too much current, causing some of the fuses to fail.

We also had an issue with a rough pump (on a LC-MS) which was blowing fuses when it started. For the LC-MS rough pump we connected it directly to power rather than to the MS and start it that way. Once it was running we were then able to turn it off and connect it back to the MS and then start it - I was told that sometimes if the pump/oil is cold the current draw can be too much for some of the fuses. Not sure if you can try something similar for the GC-MS rough pump.

Not sure if this helps at all

Kevin

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?