Manual Firmware Installation

Former Member
Former Member

Is there a way to manually load firmware onto a smartcard (instead of Agilent Configuration)? I have encounter an issue where someone has tried to update firmware using a computer that has various firewalls enabled causing the MSD to now become unresponsive.

Kind Regards,

Aden

• I want to  load firmware the firmware of a 5975C Is there a way to manually load firmware onto a smartcard (instead of Agilent Configuration)? I have encounter an issue where someone has tried to update firmware using a computer that has various firewalls enabled causing the MSD to now become unresponsive.

The display  mentioned

"SC3 Series Tornado2"

"Loading MSD Firmware"

It stuck there.I can still ping the MSD. With Chemstation Configuration, I got.

"The Operation Fails as no adaptor is in the state permissible for this Operation.

MSD@ <IP-adress> of instrument number 1 failed the RPCINFO test.

Network Problem must be fixed prior to running ChemStation.

I can do a msupdate.exe but I don't have the right 5975C FirmWare.

Can you email the Firmware to ***********

Thanks in advance

Robert

• Thanks,

I found it and the MSD is running again.

There was some misunderstanding, because the file is mentioned as 5973N !

Other question.

Is there no other way than replacing the  smartcard of a 5973N if there is no LAN Communication.

I make connection with hyperlink.

It gives than the IP-dresses but also the message of no LAN

• The firmware is in the same folder as the msupdate.exe. These are installed when the software is loaded.

• I know this was covered in the first answer but we have run into this enough times I thought I would offer an endorsement.

On certain MS we have run into this problem often. It has been caused by the corporate network connection being given first priority. Disabling the  corporate network connection and resetting the MS allows it to finish the update process. The corporate firewall software has also caused update issues and needs to be disabled before starting the update. Our IT guys, after trying their magic, have yet to find a permanent fix for prioritizing the network connections on a permanent basis.

• I have the same problem with 5973N GCMS, i have certainly put Bad firmware with 2 lan card configured

So how do you have found a valid firmware ? I try another way with other version but Always the same error, MSD runing again other and other. I have IP valid ping. How Can i force the firmware ?

Best regards

Was this helpful?