Leak test of VI inlet at 7890 gas chromatograph

Dear Agilent,

Can I use the leak test" procedure found at the 7890 service mode button to test for leaks in a VI inlet as well as for S/SL, MMI or PTV inlet? A gas sampling valve (GSV) is connected between the VI-inlet EPC module and the VI inlet interface body. If the internal GC service button is not usefull for this purpose, how do I then control for possible leaks at the VI-inlet?

Link to 7890 GC service mode leak test procedure.

Using the 7890 Service Mode Leak Check (agilent.com)

Best regards -

Lars

Parents
  • HI Lars, 

Yes, you can run the test on a VI.  Specific to your system, a failing result could indicate a leak within the inlet or at any of the in-line connections of your GSV, so the results may not be clear without a point leak detector.  I would also encourage you to run the test with the GSV in both positions to capture both the bypass and inject pathways supplied by the EPC.  This test is designed to test for medium to large leaks, so if you want additional assurance, I recommend the pressure decay test, although it requires some extra steps.   For more details, see the 7890 Troubleshooting manual.  

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Abbey

• HI Lars, 

Yes, you can run the test on a VI.  Specific to your system, a failing result could indicate a leak within the inlet or at any of the in-line connections of your GSV, so the results may not be clear without a point leak detector.  I would also encourage you to run the test with the GSV in both positions to capture both the bypass and inject pathways supplied by the EPC.  This test is designed to test for medium to large leaks, so if you want additional assurance, I recommend the pressure decay test, although it requires some extra steps.   For more details, see the 7890 Troubleshooting manual.  

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Abbey

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?