7890 Front detector - Fault high voltage error ?

Hello, i get unusual high signal on FID on 7890 and this message

"Front detector - Fault high voltage error"

What is happening? There is some part I can try to replace before call a technician?

Thank you

Parents
  • Hello  ,

Do you still need assistance with this? If you do, please take into consideration the notes below. However, if the issue was resolved, could you please share what the resolution was?

Generally with high signals, the situation is really one of two things:

- Signal in the 500k-600k range: potentially a re-assembly problem. I see a lot of cases where someone performed maintenance (i.e: changed jet) and now suddenly the signal is high. So, something is partially shorting the signal.

This can be corrected simply by re-assembling the FID, making sure the spring is not bent out of shape, and that there is no insulation missing.

It is still possible the problem is electronic, but you might be able to fix this by re-assembling.

- Signal in the millions range: signal essentially maxed out, almost 100% certain  the problem is electronic.

Some things you can do:

- Turn off the FID, see if signal still reads high. It should read 0 with the FID off. If still high, see below.

- Remove collector assembly and see what the signal reads. If still high, you have an electronic problem coming from one or more of the following: electrometer, interconnect or FID board.

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?