Micro ECD

I installed new Micro ECD and signal is above 800000. Let it stabilize for 8 hours, but no change in signal. Replaced mace up gas adapter, but no improvement. Removed column from detector and  Capped  the detector end, but still same signal. Is there a problem with ECD or electrometer? 

Parents
  • Usually when the uECD signal will sit around 877,000 when there is air inside the detector.  If it's been sitting for several hours with the bottom capped and flow through it, I would initially think a big leak or a gas supply problem.  What gas are you using for uECD makeup/reference?  It should be N2 or ArMe.  What is the detector flow?  Can you measure it with a flowmeter to confirm it is correct?

If all that looks okay then it may be a problem with the cell or electrometer.  At that point I recommend scheduling a service call for one of our field service representatives to evaluate the problem.

• Usually when the uECD signal will sit around 877,000 when there is air inside the detector.  If it's been sitting for several hours with the bottom capped and flow through it, I would initially think a big leak or a gas supply problem.  What gas are you using for uECD makeup/reference?  It should be N2 or ArMe.  What is the detector flow?  Can you measure it with a flowmeter to confirm it is correct?

If all that looks okay then it may be a problem with the cell or electrometer.  At that point I recommend scheduling a service call for one of our field service representatives to evaluate the problem.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?